Great Neck Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorney
Esther Zelmanovitz is the founder of Esther Schwartz Zelmanovitz, PLLC. She is proud to have assembled a team of highly competent and knowledgeable professionals who share her commitment to personalized, caring service to her clients. She strives to provide concrete legal strategies to help clients problem-solve real-life situations and ultimately, relieve clients of stress and give them peace of mind. Her practice is focused in the areas of elder law, estate planning, and probate and estate administration.
Ms. Zelmanovitz earned her law degree at Fordham University School of Law in May 2001. She is admitted to the New York State Bar, and the United States District Court, in both Eastern and Southern Districts. She is a member of the Nassau County Bar Association, both the Elder Law and Special Needs section and Trusts and Estates Law sections of the New York State Bar Association, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and both the Trust and Estate Law and Health Law sections of the American Bar Association.
Previously, Esther cultivated her keen analytical skills while serving as a legal intern for the Honorable Sherry Klein Heitler, Justice of the Supreme Court, New York County, drafting legal decisions and memoranda of law. She had the pleasure of teaching law to eager students as an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
In addition to the personalized and professional legal services she provides to each of her clients, she also believes in giving back to the community and using her talents and skills to help others.
Over the years, Esther has been involved with organizations for children and adults with special needs, visiting nursing homes, and tutoring struggling students. Additionally, she volunteered to assist families in need of legal services as a member of the Fordham School of Law’s Family and Child Protection Clinic.
Ms. Zelmanovitz has served as a legislative aide and legal counsel in the Town of Hempstead government and has served on past Hempstead Town Supervisor Laura Gillen’s bipartisan transition team.
Ms. Zelmanovitz was featured in the 2018 annual Legal Eagles issue of Long Island Pulse magazine celebrating Long Island’s top attorneys. In addition, she has been featured in New York Law Journal’s special edition of Top Rated Lawyersin 2018, and has been further recognized as a Top Rated Lawyer in 2019 and 2020. She has been the recipient of the distinguished Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Attorney Award “Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence,” the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Judicial Rating, and the Lawyers.com AV Preeminent Attorney recognition for “Highest Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards.” In addition, she has been quoted in multiple articles in Newsday and published in AHA (Asperger Syndrome & High Functioning Autism Association) magazine.
She looks forward to meeting you and tailoring a legal plan to meet your individualized needs.
“I can literally see my client’s shoulders lift when they leave my conference room. I feel that I am lifting a burden off of my clients when I assist them with a loved one’s long term care plan, or even the difficult task of probating a loved one’s will. It is a very satisfying feeling knowing that I am helping people navigate a very difficult and confusing process during a very emotional and financially tolling time for them.”
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2001.
- Queens College City University of New York, B.A., 1998.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Member of Business & Liberal Arts Honors Program
- Joint Major: Political Science & Communications
Honors & Awards
- Martindale AV Preeminent Judicial Edition Rated for Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- Lawyers.com Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence. AV Preeminent® rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of the Woman Leader in The Law Award
- Recipient of the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- Featured in the Special Edition of New York’s Top Rated Lawyers of the New York Law Journal.
- Featured in Legal Eagles issue in Long Island Pulse Magazine, 2018.
- Published in AHA Association Fall 2017 edition, Don’t Underestimate the Just in Case
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Elder Law and Special Needs Section, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- American Bar Association, Trust & Estate Law Section, Member